Friends of Pear Tree Mead
What do we do?
The Friends of Pear Tree Mead (FOPTM) is a committee that is open to all parents, staff and associates of the school. It organises fundraising events for the school as well as providing social activities: school disco, Christmas bazaar, Summer Fete, cake stalls, quiz nights etc.
Funds raised have allowed the school to purchase items to enrich the curriculum – those special extras e.g. staging for our productions and assemblies, outdoor play and Gym equipment, wet play toys, pantomimes.
We would love you to become actively involved in our school community. Please ask at the office for contacts of the FOPTM or watch out for their newsletters.
FOPTM can also support children in school. This can include helping with reading, swimming, cooking, school trips etc. We are fully committed to safeguarding children therefore all of our helpers are required to complete a DBS clearance check.
If you would like to be added to the FOPTM mailing lists for minutes of our meetings then please contact us on the email address at the bottom of this page.
Pear Tree Mead Academy works together with the parents, carers and staff to create enjoyable and memorable experiences to enrich the children’s learning.
Who are we?
Nominated Committee Members:
Chairperson: Denise Handleigh
Vice chair: Heather Wilson
Secretary: Clare Krout
School Liaison: Katrina Thurgood
Treasurer: Paula Hayden
Raffle Coordinators: Nikki Duffell and Helen Gardne r.and many more parents who help out on a regular basis.
For dates of future meetings and regular information please check the school app, School notice board (In the entrance of the Infant Building), our FOPTM Facebook page or alternatively email our FOPTM email account. The next meeting will be a planning meeting. Please come along to find out more about what we do!
Date of next meeting: TBC
Please come along to future meetings to find out more about what we do!
- The halloween disco was a huge and roaring success. We raised an incredible amount , which is absolutely amazing. Thank you to everyone who has donated and participated in helping.
- Year 6 leavers were treated to an afternoon of fun to wish them all luck in their new schools.
- Once again the Summer Splash was a great day at Pear Tree Mead School! The children got to participate in a fun swim along with their class friends. It’s a great way to build friendships and improve relationships with staff and volunteer parents.
- Easter Competition was a big success with lots of Easter masks being created and displayed in the small hall. We invited our Head teacher to carry out the difficult task of judging. Every entrant received an egg and then there was one overall winner chosen from each class.
- The Christmas Bazaar was a huge success and was very well attended. Santa’s grotto was well attended in the new building and the reindeer was popular too.
- Christmas Dinner was a lovely celebration. FOPTM provided the table decorations and the Christmas Crackers for all children and staff.
- The Halloween Disco was well attended and the pre ticket sales have been a huge success. As usual there was a high standard of costumes out there and big thanks go to Mrs Peden for hosting the disco.
If you have any fund raising ideas or suggestions please email email@example.com or come along to one of our friendly meetings and meet other parents/carers. Together we can help make the children’s school experience one to remember!